[support] local.module and filtering strings

Kobus Myburgh ITBJDM at puknet.puk.ac.za
Tue Oct 24 14:37:54 UTC 2006

Greg,

> To me, sorting by module inside the interface isn't a solution
because
> you still have the problem of a new module giving you 300 new
strings
> - the presentation layer is just different because it is a web UI
> instead of a POT and I don't see how that makes them more
manageable.

Mohammed is blind, and his screen reader probably doesn't interact very
well with the program. That is why the PO program may be a bit difficult
to use. Mohammed has been using Drupal for a long time now, and is
familiar with the interface and everything. This is why this solution
would work for him.

Further more - It seems to be simple to implement an elegant solution
for this. Imagine being able to filter only messages for a specific
module. Wouldn't that be just dandy? I will like that feature. I will
see if I can code it and send a patch. I am not an expert coder though.

My opinion is English speaking people in general don't use the
locale/i18n module as much, so the usability issues for you guys aren't
that apparent as they are for visually impaired people or people whose
native language (like me and Mohammed) is not English.

Regards,

Kobus