[support] Content Type: Minutes Of Meetings

Cyberswat cyberswat at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 15:44:41 UTC 2007

One way could be to use the http://drupal.org/project/jrating on the node.
It would provide a 1-5 star rating form on the node that you could assign a
permission for users to use.  It plugs into the voting api.  When everyone
agrees it is complete they would give it a five star rating.  During the
process all users would see a second 5 star rating that showed the average
of all the votes.

The tricky bit would be turning it off when you got enough votes.  JRating
attaches an array to the node that contains information like this:

[jrating_mean_rating] => Array(
 [rating] => 5.0
 [percent] => 100
 [num_votes] => 1
)

You could use a custom template that evaluated
$node->jrating_mean_rating['percent'] for 100 and
$node->jrating_mean_rating['num_votes'] to equal the number of votes you
expect.  At that point you could either not display the rating interface, or
get fancy and have it do something like remove all the users from the role
that gave them permission to vote and send out notifications that voting is
complete.

Not sure if that is the easiest way to do it, but it would accomplish what
your trying to do.

On 4/11/07, Salman Al-Rahma < smhar at gawab.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>

> I am running a community site for our club. Our secretary is to upload
> the minutes of each meeting to the site. The member later will vote the
> minutes approved meaning correct and not modification is required.
>
> I have created a content type called minutes where I added a file link
> for a pdf and a doc file formate of the minutes to be downloaded.
>

> I am stuck on the approval part. I want the members to read the minutes
> and comment their modifications. Once everybody is happy they can vote
> approval. When the votes reach a certain number, it will close and the
> minutes will be considered officially approved.
>

> Any suggestion on how to achieve this?
>

> Thank you

Kevin Bridges
http://www.kevinbridges.org/