[support] Themes disappearing when somebody adds a node

Adam Gaffin AGaffin at nww.com
Tue Apr 24 21:00:35 UTC 2007

We just upgraded from 4.7.6 to 5.1. Now, whenever somebody adds a node
(I've seen it with both blogs and a CCK content type), it generates an
error message like this:

Duplicate entry 'themes/alpha/page.tpl.php' for key 1 query: INSERT INTO
system (name, description, type, filename, status, throttle, bootstrap)
VALUES ('alpha', 'themes/engines/phptemplate/phptemplate.engine',
'theme', 'themes/alpha/page.tpl.php', 0, 0, 0) in
/export/home/httpd/htdocs/community/includes/database.mysql.inc on line
172.

And it changes the status of the theme to unselected. And before you
know it, all our themes are unselected.

We originally had a CCK content type with the same name as a module, but
the behavior continued even after I renamed the content-type to
something that didn't conflict.

Any suggestions gratefully appreciated!

Adam Gaffin
Executive Editor, NetworkWorld.com
agaffin at nww.com / (508) 490-6433 / http://www.networkworld.com
"I programmed my robotic dog to bite the guy who delivers the electronic
mail." -- Kibo