[support] Drupal API?

A-NO-NE Music madflute at anonemusic.com
Wed Aug 22 20:02:19 UTC 2007

sander-martijn / 2007/08/22 / 01:26 PM wrote:
>The pro drupal book is great but isn't organized that well IMHO.  If I
>were you I would start with chapters 8 and 9 where it deals with theming
>and blocks and work outward from there.

Thanks.  I will do that.

>Figure
>out what you need to do, get as granular as possible, search drupal.org
>forums first, then the pro drupal book and API docs, then look at the
>code yourself and if you still can't figure something out this list will
>be very helpful.

Well, I asked 3 times on this list but I have received zero answer.  It
might have been my English issue, however.  Basically I am frustrated
with how images are handled.  My image directory contains a couple
thousands image files now.  Browsing with FTP client is inconvenient.  I
don't want to certain images, such as logos, to be listed as image
nodes, etc. etc..

I understand the question is too broad so I then rephrased the
question.  What I want as the first step is to hack CCK Image Field to
have image to behave as hyperlink to the node when teaser, and pops up
to the original image when it is displayed in the node.  I open
imagefield.module file only to realize I am too noob to understand
this.  I get stuck with expressions that O'Reilly PHP books didn't
explain.  Or, I see variable names that I can't find where it has been
defined.  I am just a musician :-)

Stefan Borchert / 2007/08/22 / 02:08 PM wrote:
>I'm running a local copy of api.drupal.org (version 5). See
>http://drupal.org/node/26669 for a tutorial how to do this.

Ha-ha, I need to learn CVS first, then.  What do you recommend for CVS
Client on OSX10.4.x?

--

- Hiro

Hiroaki Honshuku, A-NO-NE Music, Boston, MA
<http://a-no-ne.com> <http://anonemusic.com>