[support] Validation Error

Anton anton.list at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 04:48:48 UTC 2007

On 04/12/2007, Tom Holmes Jr. <tom at tomholmes.net> wrote:
> Wow ... absolutely stunning ...
>
> If I had installed this on Apache and STILL got the error ... do you
> honestly think I would get an answer quicker?

I wasn't suggesting it to get you an answer quicker. It was to help
you towards getting an answer at all by eliminating some variables.

> I've spent the last two days researching this issue and from what I can
> see, this was an issue with 4.x which NEVER got resolved.
> Now it seems the issue is still around ... and STILL there is no answer
> as to what is going on or how to fix this once and for all.

Having never had this problem myself, I did some searching. As far as
I can tell you are probably dealing with a different problem. There
was a patch applied in 5.3 for an issue with the same error message. I
suspect you are dealing with something else specific to those contrib
modules.

Just because something says "validation error" doesn't mean it is the
same problem. It's not like null pointer exceptions in Java apps all
come from the same bug.

> Maybe I could make a few suggestions to the Drupal community:
> 1) accept that it is a problem and fix it

There hasn't been any indication so far that you have tried any of the
suggestions for isolating this problem. This problem you've hit
certainly hasn't crippled everyones Drupal sites, so it is going to
take some diagnosing to find out how to reproduce it.

The mailing lists or forums aren't the place for tracking and fixing
bugs. These are just for getting some help from fellow users. Once
we've helped you isolate the problem, you'll be able to file an issue
against the right components where it can be tracked by the developers
that work on those components.

--
Cheers
Anton