[support] Comment forms will not open on new page

Michael Prasuhn mike at mikeyp.net
Fri Dec 14 23:25:12 UTC 2007

So are you saying there is NO form at all when you are viewing the url
'comment/reply/9#comment-form'?

Or are you saying that the comment form is also displayed on the
regular view of the content?

The option for 'display on separate page' vs. 'display below post or
comments' simply controls where the add comment form is visible. When
it is set to 'display below', every post that has comments enabled,
will have the comment form added automatically when you are viewing
that content. If it is set to 'dispay on separate page' when viewing
any piece of content with comments enabled, the add a comment form
will not be shown, but simply a link, that will take the user to a
page that shows the content with the form below, in the style of the
first item.

On other words, 'display on separate page' means, don't display the
form by default, but but a link to a page where a comment can be added.

But if you are really getting no comment form on the 'comment/reply/
9#comment-form' page, they you have something very wrong with your
system.

-Mike
Michael Prasuhn
mike at mikeyp.net