[support] Custom module uninstall() hook

Cyberswat cyberswat at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 14:43:11 UTC 2007

If you write the uninstall hook to drop tables it becomes and option for the
user to select. They are presented with an "uninstall" tab on the modules
page.  After disabling a module the user can click this tab to confirm
dropping databases.  In short Drupal's default functionality is extremely
similar to what you describe.

On 7/29/07, Vasileios Lourdas <lourdas_v at yahoo.gr> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've been developing a module for a Drupal 5.2 site of mine. The module
> creates two additional database tables, during the installation procedure.
>
> My question is: In case I want to disable the module and then uninstall
> it, I
> would like to ask the user if he would like the tables dropped or not. Can
> something like this be done in the uninstall() hook? What I would like is
> prompt the user with an option "Do you want the tables dropped?" and
> according to his input, the corresponding action would be performed.
>
> Regards,
> --
> # Vasileios Lourdas,
> # Informatics Engineer, Thessaloniki (Greece)
> # http://www.lourdas.name

Kevin Bridges
http://www.kevinbridges.org/