[support] greets and HELP

paola.dimaio at gmail.com paola.dimaio at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 06:08:20 UTC 2007

Greeting to all, respectable Drupal community

we finally made it - well almost
It has been a couple of years of me pinging various people, from
Julian, to Moshe, to Fabio and others - can you help me migrate
content-wire for me? It kind of never happened
But now, thanks to Mike, its almost done - and some issues with it

We still have a  few things that need doing/improving, optmimizing and
making better  but were about to go live (dreamhost seemed very slow,
so we are now changing to another host and the files should be up by
tomorrow) when horror happened.  I was updating the blocks to organize
them by weight, just before we switched DNS and shift some of the
stuff from the left to the right, when all of the blocks disappeared,
inlcuding my own login, navigation etc

see now  content-wire.paoladimaio.com

The result is that now I am stuck out of my site ! But I did not do
anything, promise!

We also need help in making sure that we are doing things properly, as
I have no way of telling (I am not a programmer) and Mike may not be
entirely familiar with all the modules etc -  we need the experience
from this forum to help us do a smooth migration (today>)

 Also, a few things I have heard contrasting opinions on, so I guess
some issues can be addressed in more than one way, and I would like to
hear the arguments

Finally, I am in no position to contribute code, but if anything that
I do as a customization is useful to others, I ll be happy to have it
released.  I ll post the hierarchy constraint feature separately. So,
to start with, what happened to the blocks, why did everything
disappear? how can we fix it, and how can we prevent it from happening
again?

Mike says he can work at this again in the next couple of days, but I cant wait
thanks a lot....

PDM