[support] editing block content question

Jean Gazis jgazis at gmail.com
Sat May 5 03:16:11 UTC 2007

By blocks, I mean the things that are called "blocks" on the admin menus,
that usually go in the side columns. If I go "add block" and make a new one,
such as random quote or related links, then I am able to go back later and
edit it, but if I pick it off the list, I can't, and if I made a block in
4.7, it became uneditable in 5, i.e., when I go to configure the block, I
see no block content, just the placement and visibility options. I am user 1
and as far as I know have given myself all the permissions. Either way, why
would blocks I create behave differently than the ones that are already
available, such as the standard menu blocks?

On 5/4/07, Earnie Boyd <earnie at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> Quoting Jean Gazis <jgazis at gmail.com>:
>
> > Why is it that the pre-existing blocks can't be edited, but blocks that
> > create can? I have blocks I created in Drupal 4.7 that I could edit, but
> > when the site was moved to Drupal 5, the same blocks became uneditable.
> Is
> > there a way to modify their contents or do I have to just delete and
> > recreate the whole block?
> >

> What do you mean by block?  Does your database user have the correct
> permissions to be able to update the data?  Does the access control for
> the user doing the editing have permissions to edit the ``block''?
>
> Earnie

Jean Gazis
www.jeangazis.com
www.boxofrain.us