[support] How to disable page content teaser

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Fri May 18 23:01:59 UTC 2007

Quoting Stephen Wills <developer at blessedherbs.com>:

> I am using the page template to create a home page and the content
> body is getting truncated with a "read more" button on it.  Can I
> disable that without hacking code?  Do I need to learn how to use
> Panels already?

Go to http: //drupal5.sample.org/admin/content/node-settings
(Administer->Content management->Post settings) and change the "Length
of trimmed posts" setting to 0.  You will need to edit and save any
previously modified pages.  We need to think about moving this control
to per content type.  Then Page could always be 0 while Story would be
trimmed.

Alternately you can insert <!--break--> at the end of the page to
change per page where the post is trimmed.  When at the bottom of the
page, it will never be trimmed.

Earnie