[support] OG or something else?

Chris Johnson cxjohnson at gmail.com
Sat May 19 16:37:05 UTC 2007

I'm helping build an "internal" site for the families and staff of a
small, parent run school.  I'm looking for some suggestions on how to
implement the following structure.

The site I'm developing will have a number of working groups who will
collaborate via the site -- an obvious use for Organic Groups.

Another section of the site will allow families (students, parents,
guardians) to post pages about themselves to help build the social
network and fabric of the school.  Each family's pages should be
controlled and edited only by them.  Again, Organic Groups *could* do
the job here, but I'm wondering if anyone has any other suggestion to
implement perhaps a My Space-like section for the families?

Thanks for any suggestions, especially for modules which might help out.

..chrisxj