[support] Configuring form fields for content/nodes

Jason Flatt drupal at oadaeh.net
Thu May 31 05:22:41 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 30 May 2007 19:06:30 Bruce Whealton wrote:
> Hello all,
>         I want to change the fields that display when one selects
>   Add Content>> Story
>   or any Content type or node.
>   How does one do that?  I went into
>   site/admin/content/types/page
>   and site/admin/content/types/page/fields
>   and added a few fields.  Now I can't get those fields
>   to show up.  I tried creating a group but that group isn't
>   showing up either as an available group.
>   What am I doing wrong?

What, exactly, did you do? What were you expecting and what did you get? It
worked fine for me when I do it.

>   Also, I thought pages were not supposed to have a
>   teaser and Read More link.  I want a page for the front page
>   and I don't want a Read More link on the page.  How do I do that?

Page types are not much different than story types, unless you configure them
to be.  You can change whether a node has a teaser or not and how long the
teaser is at admin/content/node-settings. However, that affects all types,
not just page. You can override that setting on a node by node basis by
placing a "<!--break-->" (w/o the quotes) where you want the teaser to stop,
at the end of the post for no teaser.

--
Jason Flatt
http://www.oadaeh.net/