[support] How hard is it to install CVS on a new VPS?

sander-martijn lists at severeddreams.com
Fri Nov 2 13:01:55 UTC 2007

It sounds like you're going in the right direction except for one thing.
   You should try to install cvs yourself.  It's how you learn and
although you may get stuck and have to ask for help later you're
unlikely to really mess things up.  Besides, unless they've already
quoted $40 to set up cvs for you I doubt that's what it will cost.  Most
hosts charge over $100/hr to perform unsupported tasks.

I can't comment on your choice of hosts as I have never worked with
them, but you should take a look at lunarpages:
http://www.lunarpages.com/virtual-private-server/
I've been hosting with them for about a year and the support is
excellent and the uptime as well.  It's a little cheaper ($60/yr) and
otherwise pretty similar offering.

.s