[support] theming primary links, or absolute paths when drupal is in a sub-directory

Amanda B Hickman amanda at velociraptor.info
Fri Oct 26 18:21:13 UTC 2007

I'm puzzling through a few things at once and starting to hit walls on
this one as well.

I've got drupal set up in a subdirectory of a larger site. That larger
site is in subversion and I run a staging site and a few local
incarnations of it, which means that the site's domain name changes
periodically, from "staging.example.com" to "example.local" or
"www.example.com"

Right now, I've got the site's overall primary links in drupal as
primary links, and I'd like to keep them there, but drupal is gobbling
up the absolute paths even though they're absolute:

I gave the menu path as

"/news/" and drupal points to

"http://staging.example.com/drupal//news/"  when I'm aiming for

"http://staging.example.com/news"

I spent a lot of time monkeying with clean URLs on the theory that
they'd fix this, only to discover ... nope.

I've looked around for a themeable function that would let me wrestle
links into being relative to the site as a whole, not relative to
drupal, but I'm not seeing it.

This doesn't appear to be controlled by "theme_menu_links"
http://api.drupal.org/api/function/theme_menu_links/5

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Amanda