[support] theming primary links, or absolute paths when drupal is in a sub-directory

Amanda Bee amanda at velociraptor.info
Tue Oct 30 15:06:18 UTC 2007

I'm still working on this, though I suspect from my reading that the
real solution lies in .htaccess rewrite rules.

I thought this:

RewriteRule ^/drupal//(.*) /$1 [L]

Would work -- take paths that have the double slash and bump them up a
level to the root of the site -- but it doesn't seem to be taking. For
bonus fun I tried quirky variations like ...

RewriteRule ^/drupal//(.*) /drupal/foo/$1 [L]

And didn't get anywhere either. Am I even making sense here?

Thanks,
amanda

(http://drupal.org/node/187647)

Amanda B Hickman wrote:
> I'm puzzling through a few things at once and starting to hit walls on
> this one as well.
>
> I've got drupal set up in a subdirectory of a larger site. That larger
> site is in subversion and I run a staging site and a few local
> incarnations of it, which means that the site's domain name changes
> periodically, from "staging.example.com" to "example.local" or
> "www.example.com"
>
> Right now, I've got the site's overall primary links in drupal as
> primary links, and I'd like to keep them there, but drupal is gobbling
> up the absolute paths even though they're absolute:
>
> I gave the menu path as
>
> "/news/" and drupal points to
>
> "http://staging.example.com/drupal//news/"  when I'm aiming for
>
> "http://staging.example.com/news"
>
> I spent a lot of time monkeying with clean URLs on the theory that
> they'd fix this, only to discover ... nope.
>
> I've looked around for a themeable function that would let me wrestle
> links into being relative to the site as a whole, not relative to
> drupal, but I'm not seeing it.
>
> This doesn't appear to be controlled by "theme_menu_links"
> http://api.drupal.org/api/function/theme_menu_links/5
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
> Amanda