[support] key/value combo in custom field

sander-martijn sander at sander-martijn.com
Wed Sep 12 00:46:41 UTC 2007

Ok, I figured out how to create a select where the key is different from
the value using a custom field, and I figured out how to group listings
by that field, but I can't find how to theme it properly.  I really have
no idea why it puts the select in the body and how to get it out of
there and I don't know how to tell the grouping headers to display the
full name instead of the abbreviation - it clearly has the data because
it's displaying it in the body (to my dismay), but I've output pretty
much every object, array and variable that I can find a reference to but
it's not anywhere.  The closest I've come is a long string that contains
all keys and values separated by a | which is exactly how you put it
into the values field.

I have (wrong parts in red for those html viewers):
PA <http://timberpeg.sander-martijn.com/news/openHomes#PA> NY
<http://timberpeg.sander-martijn.com/news/openHomes#NY> CA
<http://timberpeg.sander-martijn.com/news/openHomes#CA>

      PA

    *
      Harrisburg, PA
      State:
      Pennsylvania

      *Contact:* sander

      *Phone:* 917.555.1212

      NY

    *
      Brooklyn, New York
      State:
      New York

      *Contact:* Alina

      *Phone:* 212.555.1212

    *
      New York, NY
      State:
      New York

      Another NY listing

etc.

But need more like:

PA <http://timberpeg.sander-martijn.com/news/openHomes#PA> NY
<http://timberpeg.sander-martijn.com/news/openHomes#NY> CA
<http://timberpeg.sander-martijn.com/news/openHomes#CA>

      Pennsylvania

    *
      Harrisburg, PA

      *Contact:* sander

      *Phone:* 917.676.0425

      New York

    *
      Brooklyn, New York

      *Contact:* Alina

      *Phone:* 212.555.1212

    *
      New York, NY

      Another NY listing

I know I asked this as part of a bigger question before but got no
and customize this info.  All the documentation I have read so far has
not helped with this (and I've been reading a lot - I'm not just
expecting this group to be my manual).

Thanks so much
sander