[support] Taxonomy Help

Chris McCreery chris.mccreery at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 22:43:25 UTC 2007

Nope that was how it goes and the /all feature works perfect. Another thing
I'm looking to do is to calculate fields but not sure if this is possible.

What I'm trying to build is a time tracking application so if I create views
based on taxonomy I would like to calculate the total for each "project" or
"client" or "task" in the appropriate view. How would I go about this?

thanks again.

On 9/11/07, Cog Rusty <cog.rusty at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 9/12/07, Chris McCreery <chris.mccreery at gmail.com> wrote:
> > So for this to work properly I would set the vocabulary like this?
> >
> >  Hierarchy:
> >  Disabled
> >  Single
> >  Multiple
> > Allows a tree-like hierarchy between terms of this vocabulary.
> >  Related terms
> > Allows related terms in this vocabulary.
> >  Free tagging
> > Content is categorized by typing terms instead of choosing from a list.
> > Multiple select
> >

> > Or do I need something else? I notice when I create a new node I see the
> > project name listed but not a link to the client to bring up all items
> > associated with it. Is there a way to do this or do I really need to do
> it?
> >
> > Thanks
>

> Yes, just that, except if I did not understand. correctly. You said
> you have "a taxonomy as follows"
>
> Client
> --Project
>
> I took that to mean that client and project are both categories, which
> have a parent-child relationship, and that you have a pattern of
> categories with a structure like this
>
> Client name 1
> -- Project name 1
> -- Project name 2
> -- ...
> Client name 2
> -- Project name 3
> -- Project name 4
> -- ...
>
> and that you wanted to be able to tag nodes with projects and then to
> be able to list them either by project or by client. If it is so, it
> can be done without tagging clients but only projects, using
> taxonomy/term/client-ID/all
>
> If I got it wrong and your structure is different, then some more
> explanation would help.

> > term
> vocabulary
> > >

> > > As far as the node list pages are concerned, tagging the nodes with
> > > "client" is not necessary.
> > >
> > > /taxonomy/term/[client_id]/all will also list nodes tagged with
> project.
> > >
> > > And generally, clients can be easily derived from projects with some
> > > code, and vice versa.
> > > --
> > > [ Drupal support list | http://lists.drupal.org/ ]
> > >

> > --