[support] Taxonomy Help

Cog Rusty cog.rusty at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 01:21:17 UTC 2007

On 9/12/07, Chris McCreery <chris.mccreery at gmail.com> wrote:
> So for this to work properly I would set the vocabulary like this?
>
>  Hierarchy:
>  Disabled
>  Single
>  Multiple
> Allows a tree-like hierarchy between terms of this vocabulary.
>  Related terms
> Allows related terms in this vocabulary.
>  Free tagging
> Content is categorized by typing terms instead of choosing from a list.
> Multiple select
>

> Or do I need something else? I notice when I create a new node I see the
> project name listed but not a link to the client to bring up all items
> associated with it. Is there a way to do this or do I really need to do it?
>
> Thanks

Yes, just that, except if I did not understand. correctly. You said
you have "a taxonomy as follows"

Client
--Project

I took that to mean that client and project are both categories, which
have a parent-child relationship, and that you have a pattern of
categories with a structure like this

Client name 1
-- Project name 1
-- Project name 2
-- ...
Client name 2
-- Project name 3
-- Project name 4
-- ...

and that you wanted to be able to tag nodes with projects and then to
be able to list them either by project or by client. If it is so, it
can be done without tagging clients but only projects, using
taxonomy/term/client-ID/all

If I got it wrong and your structure is different, then some more
explanation would help.