[support] reinstall a module?

sander-martijn sander at sander-martijn.com
Wed Sep 19 17:40:59 UTC 2007

Thanks

Well I found the specific error - it's that there's a double distinct in
the sql -
instead of SELECT COUNT( DISTINCT (n.nid) ) AS count... (which works,
when querying directly against the database)
it's calling SELECT COUNT(DISTINCT DISTINCT(n.nid)) AS count...
I looked at the code and the extra DISTINCT is not in the sql so it's
getting stuck in there by something - perhaps another module I installed
or something?  I can't figure out what that other module might be, or
where the extra DISTINCT is getting inserted.

.s

p.s. - i backed up both the specific table in question as well as the
entire database before starting to do anything.

Shai Gluskin wrote:
> Sandor, I have no experience with that particular module.
>
> One thing you might try if you have cpanel access is to click the
> mysql button on cpanel, find the appropriate database in the list of
> databases for your account and then click on "repair" (obviously you
> should back up the db before you do this). That worked for me once
> when there were sql errors appearing.
>
> As for reinstalling... disabling the module will not affect any info
> in the db. Deleting the module should delete the appropriate tables
> from the db if the module was written correctly. Neither of those
> activities affects the files in your files directory. You could always
> delete those and reinstall them with the latest version of the module.
>
> Shai
>
> On 9/19/07, *sander-martijn* <sander at sander-martijn.com
> <mailto:sander at sander-martijn.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     I'm having a problem with a module that was working before.  It's with
>     the location module and there's an sql error suddenly.  As far as
>     I know
>     nothing was changed.  I was thinking that a good first start would
>     be to
>     reinstall the module and see if that fixes it, since the module worked
>     in the beginning.  Is there a way for me to do that without
>     deleting the
>     data that's already been mentioned?  Can I just trigger the install
>     function in some way?  If I disable and/or delete the module will it
>     delete the relevant data already entered?  Pardon me if this is
>     something that's different per module, I'm hoping there's a standard
>     answer, or that someone has specific experience with this module and
>     this problem.
>
>     .s
>
>     --
>     [ Drupal support list | http://lists.drupal.org/ ]