[support] turn debug on?

sander-martijn lists at severeddreams.com
Fri Sep 28 01:36:43 UTC 2007

For those that have been following this thread, I did finally find what
the problem was.  Unfortunately I don't have the time right now to
figure out why it's a problem and therefore would not feel comfortable
submitting a patch with an explanation.

The problem was with the following line in location.module:
$result = pager_query(db_rewrite_sql($query), 10, 0, $count_query,
db_rewrite_sql($query_args));

Specifically, it was the db_rewrite_sql method.  Removing it results in
the following line:
$result = pager_query($query, 10, 0, $count_query, $query_args);

This works.  I read through the api documentation for a bit at
http://api.drupal.org/api/function/db_rewrite_sql/5 and believe it has
something to do with "nid is rewritten if needed" since I was getting an
"nid is ambiguous" error earlier.  However since I can't be positive as
to why that function was being used and whether it is indeed necessary
in certain cases, I will refrain from submitting a patch.

I will review this more thoroughly when I have more time, but I wanted
to thank all those that helped with the approach to take for debugging
this.  Not only did it help me in this case but I have a much better
idea of what to do to debug module issues in the future.

Thanks everyone,
.sander