[support] db_rewrite_sql in location.module [WAS: turn debug on?]

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Sep 28 12:55:50 UTC 2007

Quoting sander-martijn <lists at severeddreams.com>:

> The problem was with the following line in location.module:
> $result = pager_query(db_rewrite_sql($query), 10, 0, $count_query,
> db_rewrite_sql($query_args));
>
> Specifically, it was the db_rewrite_sql method.  Removing it results in
> the following line:
> $result = pager_query($query, 10, 0, $count_query, $query_args);

After reviewing the CVS code I think you want
$result = pager_query(db_rewrite_sql($query), 10, 0, $count_query,
$query_args);

> This works.  I read through the api documentation for a bit at

I don't know if this will help (read: work).  I do know that the code
in HEAD is completely different than the code for the DRUPAL-5 tag.

> http://api.drupal.org/api/function/db_rewrite_sql/5 and believe it has
> something to do with "nid is rewritten if needed" since I was getting an
> "nid is ambiguous" error earlier.  However since I can't be positive as
> to why that function was being used and whether it is indeed necessary
> in certain cases, I will refrain from submitting a patch.

It is part of the API that allows for the use of multiple databases on
differing servers.  If you don't have multiple databases, then you
don't need it; but ...

Earnie -- http://for-my-kids.com/
-- http://give-me-an-offer.com/