[support] Having two versions ("last published" and "next release draft") of same content

Daniel Caillibaud ml.dcailli at free.fr
Wed Apr 23 10:09:40 UTC 2008

Cog Rusty a écrit :
> Take a look at the http://drupal.org/project/revision_moderation
> module if you haven't already. It leaves the current revision
> published while the new one goes into moderation. Dupal 5 only.

I don't understand yet how it really works, but it seems a good advice.
Thanks.

Actually, I have a plublished version and a pending revision, with different bodies each, but it's the only difference,
all others changes in others customs fields are made for both versions :-/

I'll go further on how it works, and inspect all the cck & workflow modules available for 5.x (big list !).

> If you don't want to give the reviewers the permissions required by
> this module, another way is to forget about revisions and create new
> nodes for the drafts, perhaps controlling access with taxonomy.

I'll search in this way too.
The pb is to control links between the 2 nodes (the "published" one and the "work in progress" one) so that publishing
the second one overwrite the 1st one (and keep the 2nd as it is).

The modules I'll investigate are first Workflow, Workflow-ng, Workflow Fields, Custom review, Node approval, Node
factory, Taxonomy Actions.

Daniel