[support] site down after i deactivated views via phpmyadmin

jo joinkemel at yahoo.de
Wed Dec 3 09:31:03 UTC 2008

dear list,

as i am quite new to mysql-issues and the database, i don't know how to put my site to life again..

as i had troubles with the installation of the views-module (all the other first 7 modules did install with no problems) i wanted to deactivate it.

because i couldn't access my /admin/modules-frontend anymore, i used instructions on

http://www.drupalcenter.de/handbuch/11551 (german language)

to deactivate the views-module(s) in the database using phpmyadmin. (open phpmyadmin, select system, find the views-moulde-entries, deactivate it with setting status to 0)

after that, the site is down completely
(drupal error-site is showing "site down"
'because of technical issues - please check your database settings in the settings.php file and ensure that your hosting provider's database server is running')

so, what to do now?

i already posted a forum-topic and followed the hint of one member with no results and even a complete confixx-restore with a backup of all files and the database i did one week ago when all was running well doesn't change anything.

could it be, i should have taken the site down with my admin-frontend, before changing something in the database?

thank you for reading anyhow

:-jo