[support] site down after i deactivated views via phpmyadmin

Victor Kane victorkane at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 10:05:01 UTC 2008

On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 7:31 AM, jo <joinkemel at yahoo.de> wrote:
> dear list,
>
> as i am quite new to mysql-issues and the database, i don't know how to put my site to life again..
>
> as i had troubles with the installation of the views-module (all the other first 7 modules did install with no problems) i wanted to deactivate it.
>
> because i couldn't access my /admin/modules-frontend anymore, i used instructions on
>
> http://www.drupalcenter.de/handbuch/11551 (german language)
>
> to deactivate the views-module(s) in the database using phpmyadmin. (open phpmyadmin, select system, find the views-moulde-entries, deactivate it with setting status to 0)

Let's assume for the moment that the implementation of this advanced
admin procedure did something wrong to the database, and that that
left Drupal in an undefined state.

But a restore to the database should have left things as they were.

Try this:

1. Drop all the tables in the database.
2. Then restore from last week.

If that doesn't work then something is amiss in the file system or on
the server configuration. In that case, try a fresh Drupal install on
the same database. If that works then restore again.

Victor Kane
http://awebfactory.com.ar