[support] site down after i deactivated views via phpmyadmin

jo joinkemel at yahoo.de
Wed Dec 3 19:54:51 UTC 2008

thank you very much for your hints, now i am at least stuck at another point ;-)

i tried your option 1 (deleting all tables and restore) with no positive results.

then i tried option 2 (reinstalling drupal by replacing all files with fresh drupal 6.6 files and a databank-restore, but also there was the same 'site down' errorpage.

which i read again and remembered that it says i should have a look at settings.php.

so next thing i did was renaming the settings.php with uglysettings.php and renaming default.settings.php with settings.php, so i would use the default settings from a fresh install - now i really was able to see the drupal installation-page where now i have problems with the database-configuration-step:

with the name of my existing database and the user and password i enter in phpmyadmin to come in, drupal doesn't go to the next step, but also it doesn't create any errormessage, just all fields are empty again.
when i enter any adequate fantasy-names, it tells that this is the wrong password or username..why is that?

and what should i do now, especially in case i would love to avoid creating all nodes again - is there any possibility to recreate the nodes from the old database when i do a fresh-install and the backup is faulty?

:-jo