[support] Views2 - filter by "user ref field" = "current logged user"

geniekids ratadi2 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 17:24:49 UTC 2008

Hi I am not sure i understood your guidelines or you understood my
requirement.

Davide Michel  wrote:
> User: Current
> Filter the view to the currently logged in user.

This setting is supposed to show the nodes created by the user (which is not
my case).
The user is NOT creating any nodes.
This CCK node has one field where somebody is entering one of the user name

Let e explain the scenario. we are a school. so the teacher goes into this
cck called kids_observations.
She chooses the Kids_name (from a list of users) and enters her observation
about that kids.
She does it for all the kids in her class.

The kid (as a user) is now supposed to log in - and i want the view to
automatically FILTER the observations by his or her (user) name. So the
kids_name field should match the currently user.

By using "User: Current" filter i only get the option of getting nodes
created by that user.
How do i match a user referenced field (in CCK) to match with currently
logged in user_name

i used to get this option in drupal5 with views1
can;t locate in Views2
pl help

ratnesh