[support] joining taxonomy terms?

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Feb 15 22:33:48 UTC 2008

Quoting Morten Holmstrup <morten at holmstrups.dk>:

> Hello Earnie,
>
> I'm not really sure what you mean?
>
> my point is that I need to separate one term into two, because I need to
> access both the number "03" and the term "term" separately while
> maintaining the relation between the two.
>
> Ideally admin would be able set up a term in a form that contains 2 main
> fields.
>
> number
> term
>
> so that he could for instance sort a view by numbers or by terms.
> Or show the end users only the terms and not the numbers, which have no
> significance for them.
>
> Let me know if I'm totally of course here, and thanks for taking time to
> answer this problem which is really driving me nuts - I'm on a strict
> deadline...

Deadlines are meant to be missed. ;p  I don't know that taxonomy is
going to work for you.  You perhaps need modules views and cck or
perhaps you need to write your own module to hook into taxonomy.  One
other possibility is to use the synonym methods of taxonomy to connect
03 with term03.

Earnie -- http://for-my-kids.com/
-- http://give-me-an-offer.com/