[support] A simple question from a beginner

Shai Gluskin shai at content2zero.com
Mon Jul 21 15:01:50 UTC 2008

Steve,

Do NOT feel stupid. We've all been there and continue to be there in many
ways.

It's way more efficient in use of the world's resources (which includes your
brain power) for you to ask and get quick help -- it took me three minutes
to write that email, than for you to bang your head, potentially for hours.
People have helped me so many times and I'm sure you will help others -- or
already have. No knowledge in Drupal is "comprehensive" -- you don't have to
be a "ninja" or anything special to answer a question that you know the
answer to.

Regarding your situation. Congratulations on figuring it out.

Indeed, no need to use the Drupal l() function.

Regarding the href-- there are different opinions on this, and sometimes it
depends on whether you have a multi-site or not. But my strong preference
for any single installation site is for all href's to pages inside the site
to be "root relative." All references should start with a forward slash
after the first quotes. In this case I would no need to provide any specific
page path since it is the default home page. Here is how I would do the
href:

best,

Shai