[support] Well, then ... taking advantage of Shai's generosity: adding links to user blognames

Steve Hays hays at ohio.edu
Mon Jul 21 16:03:13 UTC 2008

Shai,

Many thanks both for your help and your kindness.

Since you urge me not to knock my head against the wall too long,
here's a problem I have probably spent 10 hours on and not produced a
reasonable solution to--just a hacked work-around.

I want my students to be able to develop individual blogs.  I have
developed (via Views in Drupal 6.3) a page that lists all Member
Blogs.  I have added a blog_name field to the Profiles page, and
obviously I would like that name to be linked to the individual blog.
The blog's default url is (of course) blogs/$uid.  I have constructed
a blog_url field in Profile so I can pull it along with the blog_name
in Views.

But that makes for an ugly page display:  My_Blog  http:// etc.

What I would like, of course is to use the $account_blog_url variable
in an a href statement so the url address is invisible to the user,
but I don't know how to get Views or Profiles to produce such a link.

Any ideas?

Thanks again,

Steve