[support] show submenu in block when parentmenu is clicked

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Mar 29 02:37:58 UTC 2008

Quoting Morten Holmstrup <morten at holmstrups.dk>:

> hello Earnie,
>
> thanks for the suggestion.
> The problem is that I need them to show up automatically when they are
> created. This can be done with a.o. with some specialized menu-block
> modules in drupal 5, but none of these have been ported to d6 yet.
>
> I've come to the conclusion that its simply to early to start a drupal 6
> website now when you have requirements beyond what core can give you.
>
> I wonder when drupal 6 will be ready for professional deployment - as I
> see it, it's far from ready - maybe in half a year or so. I guess I'll
> have to keep using drupal 5.7 and learn d6 so that I can be ready for it
> when the time comes.
>
> Not trying to put down d6 in any way - there's a lot to love, but it
> really is dependant on a lot of modules that are simply not in a useable
> state yet.

Everyone is busy, if you want it faster the correct thing to do is
create a patch for the modules you need following the d5 to d6
conversion guide and submit them to the appropriate module issue
queues.  The d4.7 to d5 conversion still shows modules that have no
love.  You may need to be willing to take on a co-maintainer role or
even a maintainer role following the guidelines set forth for doing so.
  See http://drupal.org/handbooks for the documentation for developing
for Drupal.

If you wish to wait it may be at least 6 to 8 months before the modules
you use are ready for "professional deployment".

Earnie -- http://for-my-kids.com/
-- http://give-me-an-offer.com/