[support] Postings mixed up when using url alias

beerlao beerlao75 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 09:44:43 UTC 2008

Dear all,

I am facing a weird problem with my Drupal installation. I am using the
following revisions:

* Drupal 6.6
* Path 6.6
* Token	6.x-1.11
* Token actions	6.x-1.11
* Views 6.x-2.1
* Pathauto 6.x-2.x-dev (I used the non-dev version before and had the
same problem; I suspected pathauto, so I took the dev-version).

All database updates are done. I am using the pathauto module to go with
speaking URLs, which is working out of the box. Now while most of my
postings are displayed perfectly, when I access them using their alias
(e.g. /content/this-is-the-header-of-the-posting, generated by
pathauto), some of the postings get mixed up. They show up with the
right heading and meta information but the body (no teaser) is taken
from another posting. Weird enough, this problem does not occur if I am
logged in. So the same posting is displayed with the correct body, when
I am logged in and is displayed with the wrong body, when I access it as
guest.

The problem doesn't show up if I access the posting via it's real Url
(e.g. /node/9). I can solve it for a short period of time if I change
the url alias. Unfortunately, after a while the problem reoccurs.

I did use normal caching, but even cleaning the cache tables manually
and turning off caching didn't do the trick.

To debug this, I started mysqld with logging enabled and checked the
log. There were only references to the right posting, and no reference
to the posting where the wrong body was pulled from. The database tables
seem correct and the entries in url_alias are also correct. I can't see
any relation between the original posting and the one where the body
comes from.

Do you have any idea what to check to track this down?

Thanks in advance,

beerlao