[support] Any clues... ?q is now ?e

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Apr 10 12:32:39 UTC 2009

Quoting J C <jnc3105 at gmail.com>:

> Curious to understand what might be intercepting the Drupal URL such that it
> will not accept the /admin or /user URL and instead complains that Page not
> found while within Drupal.  Also, that where I expect to see "?q" I instead
> see "?e"

Don't know about the ?e unless some character translation in your
browser client.  This Page not found error can happen for reasons
beyond Drupal's control such as a malformed settings.php file or a
contrib module.

What version of Drupal?

> I presume this is from a Drupal module for redirection.  Unfortunately I am
> helping a group reclaim their website that someone else built for them for
> which they are not familiar with the modules in use and at this time and the
> old group is not around anymore.  In essence, they cannot access the Admin
> page.  I was able to force the proper Admin pswd and Role priveleges for
> them at the database level for their userid though.

Firstly, clear the cache and sessions tables as well as the browser
cookies.  You may want to even try with a different browser brand.

Secondly, you might want to deactivate the optional contrib modules.
You may even need to Uninstall them.  Backup your DB first.  If
deactivating a module resolves the issue then open an issue for the
module at http://drupal.org/project/issues.  Else it is time for more
debugging.

> The specific scenario is:
> 1) Go to a URL domain/edits  <= not sure what this is but it brings up the
> Login Block in the center of the page
> 2) See the Login Block in the middle of the page and enter your userid and
> pswd and hit submit
> 3) Be redirected to an error page
>
> Other scenario
> 1) Use the domain/admin or domain/user/1
> 2) Receive page not found while withing Drupal
>
> These scenarios are within Drupal's control throughout though.  Not sure
> what is missing, thanks.

If you need more help feel free to ask.

--
Earnie