[support] List Of Descriptions And Files

Luke drupal at lists.tacticus.com
Sat Apr 25 06:38:51 UTC 2009

Hello

I need to know the best way or ways to achieve something like this.  I
know that the answer is probably views, but (1) I don't know how to use
them yet; and (2) if there is a module I haven't found yet, I'd rather use
that.

I want users to select from a list of categories (taxonomy, I would
imagine), and for each category receive a list resembling the below.
Essentially, I am trying to create a library of title, author, short
description, and direct links to the file or files which are related to
that description.  I figure that each item will have to be its own node,
with one or more file attachments, but that is not at all a requirement,
so if there is another way, I'm open.

The First Test | Bob Jones

This is a detailed record of the first set of tests which Bob performed,
and also incorporates some biographical information on the test subjects.

[Link to file 1]

Special Project Service Manuals | Security Department

The Security Department's manuals on how to run special projects.

[file download link 1]
[file download link 2]
[...]

Any advice?