[support] filter Views - current year quarter

Justin Gruenberg justin.gruenberg at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 20:00:41 UTC 2009

On Sat, Dec 12, 2009 at 9:42 PM, Prkos <prkos at prkos.hr> wrote:
> I need to filter nodes created in the current quarter, where starting
> and ending dates of each quarter are customly configured (but always the
> same within a year.)
>
> Do I need to make a custom query or can it be done with arguments or
> with some other more or less automated way?

I see a couple ways to do this.

1.  Add a cck field to your node with the quarter.  The user has to
select the correct quarter from a list of acceptable values.  This is
the absolute simplest way I can think of doing this.

2.  Use a Computed Field[1].  You should be able to configure it to
set the correct quarter based on some date field (either a CCK date,
or one of the nodes dates).  I've never used this module so YMMV.
This looks like it'd be the cleanest solution.

3.  Use a in between filter on your date field in views.  Make a
custom module with a hook_form_alter to hide the min and max fields,
add a dropdown with the quarter and write some javascript to set the
min and max.

[1] http://drupal.org/project/computed_field