[support] Menu tabs question

Domenic Santangelo domenics at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 19:16:54 UTC 2009

Ok, possibly silly question. D6.

I'm using content_profile.module for my user profiles. Using pathauto, I've aliased profiles, /user/$username to /member/$username. On the profile pages, I obviously have "profile" and "edit" tabs at the top. I'd like to add some views (friends list, etc) to the profile, putting additional tabs up there alongside the ones that exist. I've tried:

1) Make the path of the view /user/%/friends. The view works just fine, and the tab appears, but that url doesn't keep the same structure that I want on all "/user" pages -- starting with "/member"
2) Make the path of the view /member/%/friends. The view works, but the tab doesn't appear on the profile page's menu, since we're (technically) at /user/x.

Leaving the path as /member/%/friends and manually inserting the menu item in template.php would work, but then when you're on the view (when you're at /member/%/friends), the other tabs in the menu wouldn't appear.

tl;dr version: Need to add more tabs to a pathauto'd page while keeping the aliased path structure, but the menu system seems to look at the real path, not the aliased path.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
-D