[support] problem with too many modules

Matej Svetlik matej.svetlik at cetelem.sk
Mon Jan 5 11:53:27 UTC 2009

hello,
We have drupal page with 50+ modules. With every new module added,
drupal is getting slower and slower (with load times near 2 seconds).

After installation of APC load times dropped drastically but are still
slow.

Are there any common ways to handle installations with lots of modules
(and even more include files)?

pages depend on 2 external systems, but loading data form them takes
only 0.3 second.

PS: I tough about "hacking" core to load only modules that are really
needed for the page that is loading (modules doesn't depend on each
other). I'm just curious if it's possible?

thanks