[support] Translation strings not found

Ivan Sergio Borgonovo mail at webthatworks.it
Mon Jan 12 14:38:17 UTC 2009

On Mon, 12 Jan 2009 13:34:38 +0000
simone-www.io-lab.org <cimo75 at gmail.com> wrote:

> MAGIC! they are all there beginning from today i haven t done

Just to explain there is no magic.

If you're visiting the English version of the site the translation
table doesn't get populated... t() just output the passed string
without accessing the DB.
If you visit your your site in another language, since Drupal
still don't know how to translate some strings will still show the
English version but will start to populate the translation table.

I've some t() that takes input from the DB and till now I've been
too lazy to find a way to populate the translation DB to be able to
translate strings other than visiting pages.

Not being a mother tongue English when I'm coding I find distracting
to think a good sentence in English.

Generally the Italian version has precedence and English is (should
be) corrected later.

Furthermore it is hard to spot "near duplicates".

I'm still looking for a better work-flow.

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
http://www.webthatworks.it