[support] Translation strings not found

simone-www.io-lab.org cimo75 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 15:06:09 UTC 2009

Being Italian myself coding a Spanish page with an English interface aaarrgh ;)
Anyway i usually prefer to have an English interface cause that s the
way i am used to and all the tech stuff is in English.
That said I am now installing Drupal in Spanish so it gets easier to
deliver a Spanish page to an only Spanish speaking customer.
Simone

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 2:38 PM, Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
<mail at webthatworks.it> wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Jan 2009 13:34:38 +0000
> simone-www.io-lab.org <cimo75 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> MAGIC! they are all there beginning from today i haven t done
>
> Just to explain there is no magic.
>
> If you're visiting the English version of the site the translation
> table doesn't get populated... t() just output the passed string
> without accessing the DB.
> If you visit your your site in another language, since Drupal
> still don't know how to translate some strings will still show the
> English version but will start to populate the translation table.
>
> I've some t() that takes input from the DB and till now I've been
> too lazy to find a way to populate the translation DB to be able to
> translate strings other than visiting pages.
>
> Not being a mother tongue English when I'm coding I find distracting
> to think a good sentence in English.
>
> Generally the Italian version has precedence and English is (should
> be) corrected later.
>
> Furthermore it is hard to spot "near duplicates".
>
> I'm still looking for a better work-flow.
>
> --
> Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
> http://www.webthatworks.it

.wmv , .wma , .pps along with all proprietary Windows formats won t be
accepted and/or viewed....