[support] Drupal for image management, with metadata

Stefan Nagtegaal development at standoutdesign.nl
Tue May 5 07:46:42 UTC 2009

John,

If you really want this, and you want to have this work good I can
give you one advise: do not use drupal for this.
Drupal is not built for image management/manipulation.

I'm a professional photographer and gave up about setting up a drupal
showcase for photographs a long time ago.
Although, there is some hope for the future as there are some pretty
smart and highly trained drupal ninjas busy with getting image
manipulation and file management right in Drupal.

For now, I would go for something else like Gallery, or even Fluxiom
(which is absolutely fabulous btw).
But Drupal is really too limited to be usable for setups like these.

Kind regards,

Stefan Nagtegaal