[support] repost: recurring problem with "home"

James R Stone fndtn357 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 05:01:30 UTC 2010

> Setting your default front page to "node" makes the front page of the site

load a list of all nodes that are "promoted to front page."

> This is probably not what you want. You want instead the content of

http://bartosandrini.com/home to appear as the front page of the site.

http://bartosandrini.com/home is node 33. Therefore under

/admin/settings/site-information, make the default front page this: node/33.

Then, in your primary links, set the path of the "Home" item to <front>.

Thanks for clarifying how using "node" behaves; I presumed this even though
the previous advice I received in the forum said to use it anyway. I was too
much of a newbie to disagree yet.

The original problem about highlighting still exists.  My active menu link,
when I am at the root of the website, is not highlighted.

So I am digging into the theme looking for overrides and active-trail. All I
found was this in my stylesheet.css by TopNotchThemes.

#primary-menu ul.menu li.active-trail {
  background: #ad462b;
  color: #fff;
}

#primary-menu ul.menu li.active-trail a {
  background: #ad462b;
  color: #fff;
}

 and then, of course, the usual:

#primary-menu ul.menu li.active a,  with a background color and font color

I am going to try to comment out the sections with active-trail in them and
see what happens.

Do you have any other ideas about how to solve this?

--
Best Regards,
James R Stone
fndtn357 at gmail.com

"The skill of coding is to create a context in which other people can
contribute."