[support] Number of images and inserting one into the Body

Roger arelem at bigpond.com
Fri Oct 8 23:43:50 UTC 2010

  There are MANY ways to create a gallery of images in Drupal.
Can you share with us which modules you are using?
Shai

Thank you Shai

Modules used are:
Image
Image cache
Node Gallery
Jquery
wysiwig
CKEditor
FCKeditot
IMCE
Insert
Lightbox2

I've now got the view displaying more images by simplifying it to basics.
Fields: Image:Image

Filters
Node: Published
Node Type:Image Upload

Basic settings:
Style: Grid
Items to display: 80

Page:
Menu: Normal Image

Arguments: Taxonomy:Term

To start again, I deleted all the images from<Content> then imported
each one into a selected gallery. This seems to have fixed the gallery
problem.

Images are named starting from 1000 through to 5000
1000 - 1999 being books
2000 - 2999 being symbols
3000 - 3999 scenery
4000+ people
I found this works a treat for sorting and indexing images in a sideshow
but presents a problem when selecting from a gallery unless the
associated thumbnail can be displayed.
I don't know how else to do this.

In <Image Galleries> it now shows all the images but does not on a page
view where it's only 50 images.

Further, I need it to display images according to which gallery is selected.
Then I need to be able to select one of those images from that gallery
and insert it into the Create Content -> Page -> Body.

When I try to insert an image <Image Properties> defaults to a remote
folder, I do not know how to make it default to the /sites/all/files/gallery

<File System> path = sites/default/files
Temporary directory = /tmp

<Images><Files and sizes>
Image Attach = enabled

<site Configuration><CKEditor><File Browser Settings><Default>
Path to uploaded files : /sites/default/files/gallery
Absolute path to uploaded files: /sites/default/files/gallery

Biggest problem

How can I insert a selected image from a gallery into the body?

Is is possible to insert a gallery image anywhere in the body text space?
If so how?

Am I doing it all wrong? should I simply have an image folder from which
to select insert-able images and forget the gallery?

Many thanks
Roger