[support] Upload pdf, xls and doc files

Lev Lafayette lev at vpac.org
Sun Oct 24 21:53:04 UTC 2010

----- "Maurice Mengel" <mauricemengel at gmail.com> wrote:

> I assume you are using Drupal 6. Are you using core file module or
> filefield. I assume the former since you say nothing about it. Also,
> it is strange that you want save files outside of your sites/default
> (or whatever your drupal root is if you are using multisite). I have
> never tried that myself, but it seems to work. Usually it is
> sites/default/files I guess. Try to change the file settings
> (admin/settings/file-system/settings).

Yep, that's right. I use alternate paths all the time; a preferred
location being simply 'files'. However one other thing that one should
be attentive to for a new site is ensuring that the default upload
limits are set correctly and the permissions to upload/view uploaded
files are set correctly..

/admin/settings/uploads

/admin/user/permissions#module-upload

Hope this helps!

--
Lev Lafayette, Systems Administrator, Victorian Partnership for Advanced Computing, lev at vpac.org
"If you are sending a reply to a message or a posting be sure you summarize the original at the top of the message, or include just enough text of the original to give a context. This will make sure readers understand when they start to read your response."  RFC 1855