[support] Active Directory groups with Drupal for customised homepage?

Alec Taylor alec.taylor6 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 12:39:24 UTC 2011

Good evening,

How do I integrate ActiveDirectory with Drupal?

Basically I want each user to be automatically logged into Drupal if
they're logged in through Active Directory, for there Drupal accounts
to automatically be created, and for there home-screens to be
different based off there Active Directory group.

I'm building a small Intranet, and want specific things to be
displayed based on users' GP groups. Each employee will have a form to
send ticket to HelpDesk, IT KnowledgeBase and then a set of "blocks"
based on there role (i.e. an account would have a calcuator amongst
other things), but the user should also be able to add/remove blocks
and move blocks around.

Are there projects and/or sets of modules which I can use to make this
system work? (i.e.: ldap_provisioning)

Alternatively should I be looking at a different CMS?

Thanks for all suggestions,

Alec Taylor