[support] Automating install

Wipe_Out wipe_out at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Dec 2 22:34:16 UTC 2011

On 2 December 2011 19:45, robert mena <robert.mena at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am studying drupal (drush/make/features) in order to automate the
> tasks for installing a drupal site.  Ideally I'd like to use like
> site_create.sh and it would download, install the modules, create the
> database and activate the modules I define.
>
> So far it seems that I can do almost everything with drush, drushmake
> and feature but I couldn't find info on actually
>  creating the database and activating the modules.
>
> Anyone care to share experiences with that (urls, tips etc)?

In addition to drush, drush make and features have a look at Installation
profiles, profiler (http://drupal.org/project/profiler) and
profiler_builder (http://drupal.org/project/profiler_builder) which makes
installation profiles a little simpler..

Also you may want to look into Aegir which I have just started looking at
to create a dev/staging/live workflow with easy migrations..