[support] How http://eterna.cmu.edu is designed? (with drupal)

Metzler, David metzlerd at evergreen.edu
Fri Dec 16 19:28:42 UTC 2011

The flash object is just embedded into the site, and is not likely built
on drupal at all.  It likely uses some sort of web services to talk to
the user database, which may or may not be served by drupal, but could
be.

Because flash is compiled, there is not a lot of opportunity to
introspect the code based on the page that is served up.   You'll need
to talk to the developers more to understand which strategies they used.

I have some experience developing (Flex) flash applications using drupal
as a back end for data storage, etc.   Generally it's just done via
registering callbacks that return JSON or XML.  There are frameworks
supported for automating RPC calls, but it can be done pretty easily
with just JSON or XML.