[support] Drupal multisite subdomain :Symbolic link not all owed or link target not accessible:

parulk at caltech.edu parulk at caltech.edu
Fri May 13 21:28:03 UTC 2011

I have followed aforementioned steps in order to get multisite subdomain
install

1)Install drupal in web server directory i.e. /var/www/html/drupal (this
is the main drupal install). The server name is abc.com

2) For multisite subdirectory install I have created site1 folder under
/var/www/html/drupal/sites/abc.com.drupal.sites1

Copied the default.settings.php into
/var/www/html/drupal/sites/drupal.sites1/settings.php

modified db_url to
$db_url='pgsql://my_db_username:my_db_password@localhost/my_site1_dbname';

modified base_url to
$base_url="http://abc.com/drupal/site1"

created a symlink in drupal installation dir i.e.
ln -s /var/www/html/drupal /var/www/html/drupal/site1

Also I have Options +FollowSymLinks within the .htacess file of drupal
installation as well as

<Directory /var/www/html/drupal>
    Options FollowSymLinks
</Directory>
 in my httpd.conf file

However in order to resume installation when I point my browser to
http://abd.com/drupal/site1

I get following error message in my error log files
"Symbolic link not allowed or link target not accessible"

I have overhauled most of the drupal forums but no luck so far. Help would
be appreciated.