[support] Hiding Nodes Only Shown In Views

Steve Kessler skessler at denverdataman.com
Tue May 24 23:56:05 UTC 2011

Nancy,

I am looking for the node to just not be findable at all. So if a
non-registered user went to node/100 and that was one of the nodes that was
part of the list they would get page not found or redirected somewhere.

I think the more I think about this doing it in the node.tpl is the best
way.

Thanks,
Steve

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 5:32 PM, Ms. Nancy Wichmann
<nan_wich at bellsouth.net>wrote:

> Use CCK to create the type and then permissions to control their access.
>

> *Nancy*
>

> Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. -- Dr. Martin L.
> King, Jr.
>

>  ------------------------------
>  *From:* Steve Kessler
>
> I often come across times that I want to hide nodes that are only shown in
> views. For example a listing of services that do not need their own page and
> are only shown on the services listing page. What is the best practice for
> hiding those nodes.
>
> Currently I give them a very specific path with pathauto and change
> robots.txt file and hope people do not stumble on them but I would like
> something better. I have also written PHP that just put a link to the
> aggregated view.

Steve Kessler
Owner and Lead Consultant
Denver DataMan, LLC