[support] questions, questions and more questions Help

Joel Willers joel.willers at sigler.com
Mon May 30 22:15:28 UTC 2011

Welcome to Drupal!  It can be a daunting process, but I'm sure with a little help, you'll catch on quickly.

You seem to be missing basic HTML knowledge.  This will make building a site difficult, but not impossible.  You might try getting a good WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor.  Ckeditor is my personal preference.  This will allow you to edit a page and see what your changes look like.

I'm currently still in Drupal 6, so I won't give any specifics on the issues you state below.  Just keep digging and you'll find what you need.  You might try different templates to get a different look and remove the 'body' text, for instance.  Be patient, and realize that you have a powerful tool in your hands, but there is a huge learning curve.  You might have to go with something like the Acquia (acquia.com) distribution to get some of the features that make site-building easier.  When you start with Drupal right out of the box, it's like being given a huge block of marble and asked to make a sculpture.  Without some good tools, though, it's gonna be a tough process.

Hope that helps some.

Joel