[support] Rich text editor problems

Sat Feb 4 00:22:01 UTC 2012

On 2/3/12 1:53 PM, Hummel, Tracey S - (thummel) wrote:

> I have a drupal 7 site that uses the Wysiwyg module with the CKEditor
> library.
>

> Full HTML is configured to:
>
> ·         Convert URLs into links;
>
> ·         Convert line breaks into HTML (i.e. |<br>| and |<p>|)
>
> ·         Correct faulty and chopped off HTML
>

> When I use the RTE Full text format to add a hyperlink within the body
> as:  /sites/default/files/file.pdf
>

> It gets converted to:  <a href="%5C%22/sites/default/files/file.pdf%5C%22">
>
> How can you keep it from converting the code?
>
> Thanks,
> Tracey

I would file a problem ticket on the project.

What looks to be happening is that the line SHOULD be <a href=
"/sites/default/files/file.pdf"> but something is escaping the quotes to
\" then encoding this to %5C%22 (possible to prepare for a database
write) and then adding the quotes again. Unless you are putting the
quotes on where it isn't looking for them, this sure looks to be a bug.

--
Richard Damon