[support] Subject: Re: Big problem with Drual 7.12 drush up

Roger arelem at bigpond.com
Sat Feb 4 01:35:18 UTC 2012

<snip>
> When upgrading I always put the individual site in maintenance mode,
> take a backup of the DB with mysqldump, modify the symlinked htdocs
> directory and then execute update.php.  But before I upgrade
> production I always test a dev version of the site because you never
> know.  Once the update.php script is done I take the site out of
> maintenance mode but only after an initial view of the site.  If the
> initial view doesn't look right I can restore the database and change
> the symlink.
</snip>

Hi Ernie thanks.
Yep I had both server sites in maintenance mode but I did not do so with
the home sites, I wanted to see if it crashed the sites.
I too mysqldump routinely.
Problem is, because the drush up corrupted the drupal 7.12 install there
is no way to update.php, both were dead.
My curiosity is that it had no effect on my  home setup but destroyed
the remote server drupal set up.

Google drupal 7.12 and find the drupal.org/node/1425104 - posts dated
2nd Feb 2012 posted by webchick  discuss the 7.12 problems. I found this
too late.
Roger